September means a lot to me. It is the month that my first was born, it is the month that Autumn finally arrives, and it also marks back to school for us. Back to school, these words are bittersweet, as a substitute teacher it marks back to work, back to the unknown days, will I work or will I be home (working still on house work or the blog/YouTube or social media) Regardless, it also means extra cash spent on school supplies and necessities for the children. Both C & M will be in elementary school this year, C will be entering third grade (seriously, I have no idea how this happened!) and Ms M will be in her first year, primary. While we are all beyond excited for what the new school year will bring for them and what fun things I will purchase, I like to stock myself up with some new goodies for the school year as well. So in this post you will find my top 5 back to school essentials for mom! Grab a tea, coffee or a glass of wine and enjoy!
My Top 5 Essentials for Back To School for Mom
1. Cardigan: I always like to buy myself some new clothes but one thing that I feel is essential for back to school is a cozy, warm cardigan. This one below is the perfect combination of causal and style. It is perfect for those early morning school drop off’s when the weather is still a bit chilly.
2. A large tote– I need a large bag. I have just learned to come to terms with the fact that I like to carry a lot if stuff and this bags from Old Navy is perfect. It’s a throw it over your shoulder and go type of bag (and isn’t this color PERFECT for fall?!)
3. Planner– I am 100% a planner girl, I mean seriously I have to be with these 2 kids. Between my work schedule, the kids extra curricular activities and what will be be having for dinner, I like to keep all these things in one place. This is where my Erin Condren Life Planner (ECLP) comes into play. I decided this year to go with the ECLP Hardbound Planner and am really loving it so far. I purchased this one at Staples while we were on our annual family vacation to Orlando and can’t be any happier with it.
4. Water bottle– I don’t know about you but I feel that I spend half my time shuffling my children to and from activities and because staying hydrated is so important I had to include a water bottle in my list of essentials. I always like to buy a new one to start the year off. There are so many different water bottles out there, from the ones that keep your drink super cold to ones with infusers, I believe there is one out there for everyone. There are so many to choose from, how can we narrow it down?!
5. Comfortable Leggings- When I am not working I want to be comfortable but still stylish and this is where leggings come into play. These maroon colored leggings from Old Navy just scream fall. They are not only practical, but comfortable and cute. Throw them on with a tunic sweater or even a tee and the cardigan I mentioned above and you are all set to go.
So there you have it, my essentials for every mom for back to school time. I hope you enjoyed reading and let me know what your essentials are in the comments below. Take care.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.